Phifer Pinkham's intellectual property group makes it their priority to understand its clients’ goods and services, marketing strategies, and technology to provide effectual advice on matters affecting brands and related intellectual property rights.
We represent a wide and diverse variety of clients from start-ups and small businesses to large privately held corporations for their trademark legal services and consult.
Our trademark services include:
- Searching state, federal and foreign registers for clearance of marks
- Rendering opinions on ability to use and register, and infringement matters
- Brand protection strategies
- Preparing and securing registration applications
- Maintenance filings
- Patent due diligence and portfolio assessments
- IP transfers, licensing and invention assignment agreements
Phifer Pinkham provide advice to clients with regard to the development and execution of copyright protection strategies.
We handle numerous areas related to copyright, including software; literary works; advertising and marketing collateral; character designs/logos; photographs; audiovisual works, music; and paintings.
Our well-established copyright practice counsels clients on “fair use,” policing and enforcement of rights, and an array of matters with great emphasis on the following:
- U.S. registration and foreign protection of copyrighted works
- Protection of computer software
- Licensing of copyrighted works
- Work-for-hire agreements
- Development agreements
- Negotiation and handling copyright infringement or ownership disputes/litigation
Phifer Pinkham’s intellectual property practice group is astute in assisting its clients with determining whether trade secret protection is appropriate given the nature of the rights at issue.
We counsel clients on establishing effective procedures to secure and protect valuable trade secret information, such as drafting and enforcing non-disclosure agreements and creating internal trade secret protection procedures.